One of the most popular Thai dishes which is really easy and quick to make. Spicy, healthy and light, it’s very rare that a dish fits in well in all these three categories which is what makes it so popular. So here you go:-
Serves – 4
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red Curry Paste – 2-3 tbsp (you can follow this recipe to make it at home)
- Coconut Milk – 1 can (14oz/400ml each)
- Thai Chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Brown Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce or Fish Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Baby corn-1/2 cup
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/4, sliced
- Green Bell Pepper – 1/2, sliced
- Mushrooms – 1/4 cup
- Broccoli – 1/2 cup
- Tofu or Chicken Breasts- 1/2 cup
- lemon grass -1 stalk finely chopped
- Green Onions – 5 stalks finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves – 3-4 minced
- Basil Leaves – 1 bunch and some extra for garnishing
- In a pan, heat the oil. Once hot, add garlic and chilies and sauté for a few seconds. Add in the red curry paste and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and mix again. Then add in the sugar, soy sauce or fish sauce.
- If you are making a non-vegetarian dish, then add the chicken now, cover and allow chicken to cook partially.
- If you are making it a vegetarian dish, skip steps 3 and add the vegetables to the gravy. Add baby corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, lemon grass and mushrooms. (Leave broccoli at this stage.)
- Let it cook for a minutes and then add tofu.
- Add the basil leaves and cook for another 3-5 minutes. And then add broccoli.
- Cook till chicken / tofu is cooked.
- Garnish with a few more Thai Basil Leaves and serve hot with some steamed rice.