“Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.” ~Doug Larson
Spring is being a real tease by giving us slight glimpses of it once in a while. The long days, warm glow from the sun, and the chirping of the birds are all hinting that it’s just round the corner somewhere. I simply can’t wait to see the bare trees turn green, frozen lakes come back to life again, the flowers to bloom and for the nature to unveil its myriad colors.
Spring is such a delight that it’s completely worth the wait.
Meanwhile, I’ve been trying to add some spring flair to my home by playing around with different settings and introducing color to perk up the mood. Without spending anything at all, I compiled together a few things lying around in the house to create a look. Here are a few of them :-
- On my recent trip to India, I went to my grandmother’s place and she gave me this cotton sheet which had been with me during my college days. It’s a beautiful handmade block-printed sheet in a lovely blueish green color, which I had completely forgotten about. I decided to bring it back with me to the US.
- Two beautiful hand painted gold-rimmed mugs which were a flea market find for an amazing bargain price.
- This wooden plank which we recently got from Ikea to make extra storage space in the closet, but haven’t had the time to install it yet.
- Coffee mug turned planter in deep blue color which got chipped while moving from California.
- Wooden serving tray from TJ MAXX.
- Ceramic birds Salt pepper shakers, gifted to me by a friend.
This weather reminds me of the spring flower festival I attended last year around the same time. Here are some pictures from the same.