I am a huge fan of sesame noodles and I invariably order it everytime I find it on the menu of a restaurant. It’s such a simple dish with very few ingredients yet packs a flavorful punch. So here is my take on it:-
Total Time – 10mins
Serves – 4
- 1 packet whole wheat spaghetti (cooked and drained as per the instructions on the packet)
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced or 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2-3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp toasted Sesame Seeds (black or white or both)
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together except the noodles to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the warm noodles and toss to coat.
- Finally sprinkle some sesame and cilantro on top. You can even add some freshly chopped scallions while serving.
After my successful attempt at Aglio-e-Olio, I was tempted to explore more sauceless pasta recipes, so here is one of them.
For this you’ll need:
- 7 ounces Whole Wheat or any other regular pasta
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- 1½ tsp Chili Flakes
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli sliced into small florets
- 3 sausages links diced
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped parsley for garnishing
- Grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil and drain the pasta as per the instructions on its packet.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan on low-medium heat. Add the garlic and the sausages. Saute for 5-7 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cover the pan with a lid for 3-4 mins. Once the mushrooms start shrivelling up, remove the lid.
- Add the broccoli, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another few minutes till broccoli becomes slightly soft (Don’t overcook the broccoli).
- Finally add the pasta and some parmesan and mix well. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. You can also sprinkle some parmesan while serving.
Your yummy sauceless pasta is ready..:)
(You can use Chicken stock instead of Vegetable stock and you can add veggies as per your preference.)
The healthiest 4PM snack ever.
I had been struggling with my 4pm hunger bug since a very long time and used to end up having crappy junk food.
Finally I came up with this recipe to do justice to my taste buds without having the guilt of consuming unnecessary calories. This recipe is ready in minutes and is also a great snack if you ever have surprise guests over.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a few slices of any loaf (preferably rosemary-olive oil or Garlic) and spread cottage cheese generously. I used the unsalted one, so I sprinkled some salt and chili flakes on it.
- Put these slices in the oven for 2-3 mins or till you see the cheese melt.
- Take them out of the oven and add sliced cherry tomatoes, freshly chopped basil and sprinkle few drops of olive oil(optional).
Enjoy your toast…:)
The tanginess of tomatoes, the punch of freshly chopped basil blended with the soft cheese will take your tastebuds for a roller-coaster ride.
This popular Italian recipe takes minutes to make and makes you realize, how sometimes a simple recipe can be so purely delicious. Above all, its low in calories and high on flavor. This can easily be a part of my staple diet.
This recipe has various versions, here is mine.
For this all you need is:
- 7 ounces Brown Rice or Whole Wheat spaghetti
- 11/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 11/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Boil and drain the spaghetti as per the instructions on its cover.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan on low-medium heat. Add the Chili flakes and Garlic and saute till garlic starts changing its color.
- Add spaghetti to the pan and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Mix well and turn off the gas.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and serve warm with Ciabatta or Sourdough bread.
(You can be alter this version and add toppings as per your liking. Though I like the burst of pure flavors in this recipe.)
pic source: http://www.yumsugar.com/Spaghetti-Garlic-Olive-Oil-Chili-Flakes-21398824/
This is a great side dish which can be served with drinks or can be had for breakfast as well.
For this you’ll need :
- 1 packet diced mushroom
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta garlic bread
- 1tbsp canola oil
- 2tsp minced Garlic
- 2 split green chilli
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat the oil in a pan. When its hot, add green chillies and garlic and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the onions. Once the onions turn translucent, add mushrooms.
- Let the mushrooms cook till they start leaving water and shriveling up. Add salt and pepper and cook for another 5-6 mins.
- Turn off the heat, add coriander and mix well. Let it sit for 5 mins.
- Spread the mushroom mix evenly over the bread slices and bake them for 5-7 mins.
Your Mushroom Garlic Toast is ready..:)…
(P.S. : To make it more delicious, you could grate some cheese on top before putting the slices into the oven.)