Ok, as I promised, here is a sneak peek into our living room. Since the work is in progress, I’ll update with an overall picture pretty soon. The idea behind this look was to have an uncluttered, clean and chic look. I wanted to have a neutral palate with subtle accents of gold.
If you live in an apartment, you have to add things carefully so that you don’t end up with unnecessary pieces of furniture. The clever way is to find things which are versatile. In our case, we had to have a bookshelf to accommodate 100’s of books which my husband owns, and I wanted a nice statement console where I could line my frames and artwork. The result is what you see in the picture. I also tried to color coordinate the books…(this is what happens when a designer marries a book freak..:P) The addition of lamps gave a nice face-lift to this simple ikea bookshelf.
- Ikea EXPEDIT shelving unit in Brown-Black ($70)
- Target Lamp-shade in White Linen ($17)
- Threshold Lamp-base in clear glass from Target ($30)
- I got my table runner from Tjmaxx for $8 which is no longer in stock, but I like this one too from Target.
- Ikea Ribba picture frames ($5-$10);various sizes