After my successful attempt at Aglio-e-Olio, I was tempted to explore more sauceless pasta recipes, so here is one of them.
For this you’ll need:
- 7 ounces Whole Wheat or any other regular pasta
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- 1½ tsp Chili Flakes
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli sliced into small florets
- 3 sausages links diced
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped parsley for garnishing
- Grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil and drain the pasta as per the instructions on its packet.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan on low-medium heat. Add the garlic and the sausages. Saute for 5-7 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cover the pan with a lid for 3-4 mins. Once the mushrooms start shrivelling up, remove the lid.
- Add the broccoli, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another few minutes till broccoli becomes slightly soft (Don’t overcook the broccoli).
- Finally add the pasta and some parmesan and mix well. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. You can also sprinkle some parmesan while serving.
Your yummy sauceless pasta is ready..:)
(You can use Chicken stock instead of Vegetable stock and you can add veggies as per your preference.)
- Orecchiette with Broccoli and Anchovies (twinleeks.wordpress.com)