This popular Italian recipe takes minutes to make and makes you realize, how sometimes a simple recipe can be so purely delicious. Above all, its low in calories and high on flavor. This can easily be a part of my staple diet.
This recipe has various versions, here is mine.
For this all you need is:
- 7 ounces Brown Rice or Whole Wheat spaghetti
- 11/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 11/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Boil and drain the spaghetti as per the instructions on its cover.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan on low-medium heat. Add the Chili flakes and Garlic and saute till garlic starts changing its color.
- Add spaghetti to the pan and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Mix well and turn off the gas.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and serve warm with Ciabatta or Sourdough bread.
(You can be alter this version and add toppings as per your liking. Though I like the burst of pure flavors in this recipe.)