It was my First Valentine’s Day with my husband this February and I wanted it to be really special for us. So I decided to do something which I had never done before, which was ‘baking a Cake’. ‘Baking’ always scared me as I had never done it before and thought of it as too complicated. But then I gathered some courage, and decided to go for it.
I asked for my husband’s favorite cake recipe from my mom-in-law, which was quick and easy to bake. So here it goes.
1. Sieve the flour along with the baking powder & keep it ready. Cream the butter & sugar very well till the mixture is light & creamy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time to sugar mix, beating thoroughly with an electric beater after each addition & if you feel that the mix is curdling then sprinkle a little bit of the flour. Add essence. Mix.
3. Using a wooden spoon, fold in the flour gradually, a little at a time and then add the milk. Blend the whole thing well. The mixture should be of dropping consistency. If you feel the mix is too thick add 2 tbsp of hot water.
4. Pour into the cake tin – a 6inch one [keep the tin ready before you start – grease & dust it lightly with flour].
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven 350 degree for 30 – 40 mins. Check in 25 mins by putting a knife in the centre, it should come out clean if it’s ready.
6. Remove from oven & let it cool slightly before you take it out of the pan.
The tin that I had was a little too big for the mix that I had prepared and it was too late when i realized that. So it looked like a flat cake but then I was really happy with the taste and a little too proud of my first baking experience…:)